Nerrin Nerrin is located approximately 350 metres southwest of the Parkerville prospect and gold mineralisation is associated with sub-vertical and flat lying quartz veins similar in style to the Zoroastrian deposit within the northern extensions of the Paddington Dolerite.
The current Indicated and Inferred resource at Nerrin Nerrin is
96,000 tonnes @ 2.50g/t Au for 7,700 ounces at 0.6g/t Au cut-off
Reverse circulation drilling results include shallow intercepts of
- 10m @ 2.21g/t Au from 41m (KNC120029)
- 9m @ 2.21g/t Au from 50m (KNC120033)
- 8m @ 2.55g/t Au from 51m (KNC120035)
and shallow historical intercepts of
- 10m @ 17.2g/t Au from 41m (NROH004)
- 12m @ 5.88g/t Au from 43m (NRCC008)
- 10m @ 12.0g/t Au from 50m (NRCC0015)
Results from the new drilling to test up-dip positions from the shallow intercepts were
- 1m @ 11.9g/t Au from 31m (KNC120150)
- 2m @ 2.26g/t Au from 18m (KNC120148)
The gold mineralisation remains open at depth and along strike with the current drilling limited to 100 metres vertical depth. The prospect will be further reviewed in light of recent discovery of broad zone of gold mineralisation along the dolerite contact at Zoroastrian.