Eldorado Project Area
The Eldorado prospect is located approximately 8.7 kilometres south of the Zoroastrian deposit and represents one of several satellite open pit mining opportunities in the southern part of the Kalgoorlie North Project.
Gold mineralisation is hosted by quartz stockwork veining within altered dolerite at the sediment/ultramafic contact.
Total Indicated and Inferred resources are
329,700 tonnes @ 1.60g/t Au for 20,200 ounces at 0.6g/t Au lower cut-off
Reverse circulation drilling intersected broad zones of mineralisation including
- 38m @ 2.72g/t Au from 32m (KNC120023) including 13m @ 3.22g/t Au from 39m and 2m @ 25.3g/t Au from 67m
- 16m @ 2.04g/t Au from 43m (KNC120024) including 1m @ 20.6g/t Au from 45m
- 27m @ 1.41g/t Au from 46m (KNC120025) including 4m @ 3.73g/t Au from 64m
- 23m @ 3.89g/t Au from 39m (KNC120026) including 7m @ 12.3g/t Au from 48m
- 28m @ 2.32g/t Au from 57m (KNC120027) including 3m @ 11.9g/t Au from 82m
The Eldorado mineralisation remains open along strike to the south and at depth and further drilling is proposed.